Dream Catcher is a holistic program addressing all forms of human trafficking. Dream Catcher services are provided on a statewide level.
Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery where people profit from the control and exploitation of others. Human trafficking is considered to be one of the fastest growing criminal industries in the world.
Forms of Human Trafficking
The Four P's
- Labor trafficking encompass all forms of labor or services. Common places where forced labor has been found in the United States include domestic servitude and small-scale labor operations, to more large-scale operations such as farms and factories.
- Sex trafficking includes commercial sexual exploitation of children, as well as every instance where an adult is in the sex trade as the result of force, fraud, or coercion. Sex trafficking occurs within numerous venues in the broader sex industry, commonly found in street prostitution, online escort services, residential brothels, and brothels disguised as massage businesses.
The Four P's serve as a pathway to progress in the effort against modern slavery.
- Prevention starts with awareness. The Dream Catcher program will be working with community members along with agencies statewide. Our focus will be on educating about what human trafficking is, the signs that point to a possibility of Human Trafficking and how to build resiliency in our children to help ward off predators.
Protection is mobilizing our community to speak out against this human rights issue and not allow it to take place in any community. Providing crisis response statewide to survivors, providing safe and protective shelter and working with all law enforcement entities to ensure survivors freedom and safety to the best of our ability.
- Prosecution: Walking alongside of survivors through the steps of prosecution. Through our holistic services addressing the multifaceted needs of our clients, assisting to strengthen, and empowering them to move from surviving to thriving.
- Partnership: Embracing our community, system partners and law enforcement to eradicate the atrocities of Human Trafficking. Collaborating at every level to ensure the freedoms of all persons.
If you or someone you know is a victim of human trafficking, please contact our 24 Hour Hotline at 1-800-286-4184. For more information about the program, please call 609-646-6767.